2017 was a year filled with comfortable nights in (hello hygge), a hint of turmeric lingering on everyone’s dinner plates, and mornings started with mugs of bulletproof coffee. While we’re excited to bring some of these trends with us into the new year, we’re even more excited for of the upcoming trends projected to be hot, hot, hot in 2018. Check below for some of the upcoming trends in nutrition, fitness, and overall wellness that we’re most excited about.
- Superfoods – Volume II
- We’re already big fans of the steady, nutrient dense superfoods (shout-out to blueberries, kale, and fatty fishes), but grocery stores are expanding their produce sections and people are getting more crafty in the kitchen. Look out for jackfruit, cassava, and monk fruit to start popping up as replacements for meat, sugar, and more in some of your already-favorite dishes. New year, super you.
- Intermittent Fasting
- Already gaining popularity in the health sphere, 2018 will likely be the year this lifestyle choice picks up some serious traction. This “eating pattern” is focused around cycling through periods of fasting and eating. Common intermittent fasting methods involve daily 16 hour fasts, or fasting for 24 hours, twice per week. There’s still a lot of research and feedback coming out about this lifestyle choice, but if you’re interested in dabbling with it, this is your year. As with all diet and lifestyle choices, be sure to do some research before jumping all in.
- Boutique Fitness – wherever!
- People are busier than ever, making time something even more of the essence that it ever has been. This in mind, more and more people are turning to livestream video options to achieve boutique style fitness classes right at the comfort of their living room, basement, or wherever.
- Wearable Technology
- People are more result driven than ever. Fitness and technology brands have listened and are creating newer, more innovative updates to wearable technology everyday. Look for more updates to some long standing brands like Fitbit and Apple along with some newer brands emerging as well. Additionally, keep your eyes on the App Store as more and more compatible apps are being developed everyday.
- Gut Health
- Gut health is becoming a large talking topic as more people are expressing all the issues they are sick and tired of dealing with. 2018 is the year for innovative new strategies, supplements, and more. Looking forward to some smooth moves for the new year.
- Do you know your zodiac sign – or what it means when mercury is in retrograde?
- Zodiac culture is buzzing in a big way and people are getting more aware of zodiac seasons and how it affects everything from daily decisions to their outlook on their entire year. Looks like we should start paying more attention to those horoscope predictions in the back of every magazine…
Whatever 2018 brings us, we look forward to another year of pushing, pulling, balancing, stretching, and more with you all!