A Natural way to get the smell out of your gym clothes
You’re putting in the work day in and out. You’re seeing, feeling, but also smelling the results. No matter what you do, how many times your wash them, your gym clothes just seem to hold on to the stench. As you make progress, so does that sweat stank, so how do you get rid of that reek? White vinegar – the natural way to get the smell out of your gym clothes.
We know what you’re thinking: “I’m going to fix the smell with something that is equally, or even worse in smell?” That’s right! Soaking your clothes in a mixture of white vinegar and water prior to washing, will pull the stench and bacteria out of your gym clothes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ½ cup white vinegar
- Cold water
Here’s how to do it:
- Fill the tub/sink/bucket/etc. With cold water
- Add a ½ cup of white vinegar
- Soak clothes for 15-30 minutes prior to washing (you can leave soaking for up to 24 hours if you need to)
- Squeeze out excess liquid and toss into washer
- Wash on cold
A few other best practices for laundering your gym gear:
- Allow items to air out before tossing them in your hamper. The stench just continues to brew.
- Turn your garments inside out to protect the fabric.
- Wash with cold water to preserve the high tech fibers.
- Use less detergent to prevent build-up. You’d think the more detergent, the more clean. Wrong – detergent can hang in the fabric attracting bacteria and smell.
- Don’t use fabric softener.
- Air or low-heat dry.