Spring Cleaning – the detox edition.
Summer is just around the corner (or we surely hope so after Mother Nature toying with our hearts through most of this spring season) which means more opportunities to take your fitness outside with walks, bike rides, runs, or a good ole outdoor WOD. This also means more opportunities for tasty poolside beverages, wedding weekends galore, and many made-up holidays or excuses for a reason to indulge in some frosty summer beers. As you’re running around the house, packing up sweaters and swapping them for swimsuits, deep cleaning those neglected spots, and just doing the “spring cleaning” thing everywhere and anywhere, take some of that energy to invest in your body too. Before you get to the non-stop fun that summer brings, take an opportunity to reset your body with this seriously green smoothie that will radiate spring vibes from the inside out. Chock full of detoxifying and hydrating fruits, veggies, and liquids, you’ll be ready for afternoons on the lake in no time.
- 1 NOOMA – Watermelon Lime is our go-to here, but Mango would be a great alternative
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 cup loosely packed organic baby kale (or a small handful of microgreens)
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 cup pineapple
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 avocado
1. Place ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.