Fantasy football teams are made. Jerseys are ironed to perfection. Beer lines the fridge. And this turkey chili is coming for your taste buds! That’s right, football season is HERE, and we’re more than ready to retire the overpriced baseball stadium hotdogs and slip into our favorite fall team colors (with beer in one hand and bowl of turkey chili in the other). If you don’t already have a few football tailgates on your agenda then rally one together because this recipe is going to make you the most popular thing there (well, right after the ESPN fantasy football app).
- 2 lbs 99% fat-free ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes, no-salt added
- 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, no-salt added
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce (I used Texas Pete)
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, no-salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 packet Stevia
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper*makes 8 servings
- Drizzle olive oil in a large pot and sauté onion and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until crumbled and brown, draining excess liquid as necessary.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook on medium/low heat for about an hour.
- Top with 0% Fage yogurt, some chili powder, and a few sliced jalapenos. Enjoy!
Whether you enjoy your football fantasy style or tailgating outside the stadium, this chili will bring you comfort win or lose.