Thanksgiving Leftover Pizza
Thanksgiving – where belly’s, hearts, and fridges are full…of leftovers. We’re in full support of just going with the classic repeat meal next day, but this year we decided to take it to the next level and go beyond the turkey sandwich.
This Thanksgiving Leftover Pizza not only uses up all of your leftovers in your fridge, it also makes for the perfect post-workout meal with the mix of carbohydrates and lean protein. So get up, break a sweat, burn off the piece(s) of pie and get ready for some major deja vu brought to you by the flavor gods.
- Whole Grain Pizza Dough
- ½ c. of cranberries
- ¼ c. of mashed sweet potatoes (or regular, your call)
- ½ c. of stuffing
- 4 oz. of sliced turkey
- 2 oz. of crumbles goat cheese
- 1 c. Arugula (optional)
- 1 tbsp EVOO (optional)
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- Salt and Pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- On a clean surface, or wax paper, sprinkle flour.
- Take the dough and roll out flat to desired thickness. If dough is sticking, add flour.
- Once dough is at desired thickness, take cranberries and spread evenly across.
- Top with mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey. Sprinkle goat cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is golden and toppings are bubbling.
- Optional: while baking, take the arugula and toss in EVOO, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Let pizza cool, top with the arugula mix if you want. Cut and enjoy!