Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Ginger Smoothie
Turmeric, so hot right now. Everybody is talking about the amazing health benefits of this beautiful orange colored spice which is why we put together this Turmeric Ginger Smoothie. Turmeric contains bioactive compounds that have been proven to have enormous health benefits. The main active ingredient is called curcumin. Not only is curcumin a natural anti-inflammatory compound, but it also helps to increase the antioxidant capacity in your body.
Turmeric Ginger Smoothie Recipe
- 10 oz unsweetened almond milk
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 large handful of frozen peaches
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp raw honey
- A dash off fresh cracked pepper (a necessity to help your body absorb the curcumin!)*
- Measure out all of your ingredients into a blender and blend it until smooth.
- Now that you’ve created such a spice packed restorative smoothie, you can dub yourself Spicemasterflex and drink away!
NERD ALERT: *Curcumin is not so easily absorbed into the bloodstream, so it helps to consume black pepper with it. Black pepper contains piperine, which is a natural substance that enhances the absorption of curcumin by 2000%….So don’t forget the dash of pepper!!