Buddha Buddha Buddha Buddha rockin’ everywhere. Big, round and packed with flavor, these are the key defining qualities of a good Buddha Bowl. If that’s the case then let me tell you… our Buddha Bowl recipe will have you shakin’ your Buddha all over the kitchen (and the gym). Enjoy!
Vegan Bean Buddha Bowl
- 1 package kale (rinsed and remove stems)
- 3 sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cans chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup tahini (stirred well before measuring)
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 scallions (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (more to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato, rinse and drain chickpeas. Combine in bowl and toss in EVOO, salt and pepper, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 mins or until they are tender.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes.
- While those bake you can get the kale and tahini going. In a sauté pan, heat a small amount of olive oil over medium heat and add the kale. Toss until wilted and hit it with a dash of salt and pepper.
- For the tahini dressing get out your blender and toss in the tahini, water, olive oil, scallions, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Arrange the bowl with sweet potato, kale, black beans and roasted chickpeas. Arrange it pretty and get a good ‘gram out of it, you know we will.
- Drizzle with the tahini dressing and if you’d like some extra heat, add a drizzle of sriracha.
We recommend putting on some Bubba Sparxxx and enjoying this buddha buddha buddha bowl!